Hybrid | In-Person at the Center for Banking Excellence, Springfield or Virtual
Agricultural lending is a specialized type of commercial lending that requires knowledgeable, skilled loan officers to grow and manage a safe and sound agricultural loan portfolio, which may constitute a significant portion of the loan portfolio at your bank. Loan underwriting skills are the foundation of sound and prudent lending decisions. Review key ratios in ag credit analysis and methods for managing the loan relationship.
• Trends in agricultural economics
• Analysis of agricultural financial statements
• Key measures and ratios used in agricultural finance
• Five Cs of credit
• Managing credit challenges
• Building the relationship
• Impact of COVID-19
• Government assistance programs
At the conclusion of this seminar, participants should have a better understanding of:
• Habits of financially resilient farmers
• Credit impacts of recent economic trends
• Determination of debt coverage and repayment capacity
• Farm financial ratios and guidelines
• Keys to managing customer relationships during challenging circumstances
• Availability of government assistance programs
Ag bankers, commercial lenders, farm managers, loan support staff, and credit analysts with limited to intermediate experience.
Dave Schroepfer is the engagement partner for numerous financial institution engagements for accounting, tax and consulting services with Wipfli LLP. He leverages his deep industry knowledge and expertise to assist financial institution clients in strengthening their organization and their bottom line.
Fees Per Person (Includes OnDemand Access through January 9, 2022)
IBA Member $249