9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. CT
Congress has consistently provided special protection to consumer loan borrowers, especially those who secure loans with their home. There has been an explosion of new lending requirements over the past few years and the changes continue into 2021.
The program provides an overview of the real estate lending requirements from ten regulations, along with comprehensive coverage of selected topics, policy suggestions, employee training tips, audit techniques and steps to eliminate past problems. Emphasis is placed on coverage and exemption rules, determining which disclosures are required, the content of the required disclosures and prohibited acts or practices.
Every year major changes appear and this year is no exception. Provisions of the Economic Growth, Regulatory Relief and Consumer Protection Act (EGRRCPA) continue to unfold. Those provisions impact Regulation Z, Regulation C, the Fair Credit Reporting Act and the SAFE Act. Revisions and clarification of HMDA and Regulation C continue. The program and the manual have been completely updated for these rules.
In these days of the COVID-19 pandemic many lenders are making loans they have not made in the past or are making payment accommodations that they have not made in the past. If great care is not taken, these new efforts designed to provide relief to customers will lead to a COVID Hangover down the road. The presentations have been updated to include suggestions for avoiding the COVID Hangover.
Where else can you find:
- Comprehensive coverage of 10 major federal real estate lending compliance topics in two information packed days; and
- A 400-page manual that serves as a handbook long after the program has ended.
The following laws and regulations are covered:
- Truth in Lending Act (Regulation Z) – includes the Pandemic guidance, and recent to the ATR/QM rules and esc row requirements
- Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act (Regulation X) – includes a review of the recent Section 8 (unearned fees and kickbacks) FAQs
- Equal Credit Opportunity Act (Regulation B) - includes an update on the status of the revised residential mortgage loan application, Pandemic guidance, and the 2020 Supreme Court ruling on sex discrimination
- Fair Housing Act - includes a review of recent redlining cases
- Home Mortgage Disclosure Act (Regulation C) including a review of the final rule that updates thresholds for:
- Open-end credit, which is effective on January 1, 2022; and
- Closed-end credit, which was effective on July 1, 2020.
- Flood Insurance Rules – includes Pandemic guidance and updated FAQs
- Homeowners Protection Act
- Fair Credit Reporting Act – includes a review of the pending EGRRCPA revisions and Pandemic guidance
- Secure and Fair Enforcement for Mortgage Licensing Act (SAFE Act) – includes a review of the EGRRCPA revisions; and
- Unfair, Deceptive or Abusive Acts or Practices, including a review of 2020 clarification of the abusive standard.
The program is designed for Compliance Officers, Loan Officers, Loan Processors, Auditors, and others with responsibilities related to the origination and servicing of mortgage loans.
Jack Holzknecht is the CEO of Compliance Resource, LLC. He has been delivering the word on lending compliance for 45 years. In 40 years as a trainer over 150,000 bankers (and many examiners) have participated in Jack’s live seminars and webinars. Jack’s career began in 1976 as a federal bank examiner. He later headed the product and education divisions of a regional consulting company. There he developed loan and deposit form systems and software. He also developed and presented training programs to bankers in 43 states. Jack has been an instructor at compliance schools presented by a number of state bankers associations. As a contractor he developed and delivered compliance training for the FDIC for ten years. He is a Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager and a member of the National Speakers Association.
Per Person Fee
(Includes OnDemand Access for 30 days after live event)