More than ever before, today's retail banking leadership team is faced with a multitude of challenges and opportunities. Successful banks have branch leadership who are focused on motivating and engaging the team, building and increasing loyal customer relationships, mitigating risks through compliance and regulatory adherence, and accomplishing retail banking goals. In essence, the Branch Manager is the business manager. On-going education, training, and networking are essential in developing successful retail banking leadership in today's ever-changing environment.
- An investment in developing “best practices” for your bank's branch network
- An educational resource for training and career development.
- Recognition and opportunities for 2021 leadership by completing these sessions.
- A foundation builder for banking schools.
- A commitment to successful, profitable, efficient and effective branches.
- Develop and Implement Retail Banking Business Plan
- Discover Individual Leadership and Leadership Styles
- Ensure Regulatory, Compliance, Operational Efficiencies
- Mitigate Risks
- Grow the Retail Banking 2021
- Explore Proven Sales, Service, and Relationship Building Skills and Tools
- Motivate and Boost Employee and Team Success
- Manage Challenging Situations with Team Members and Customers
- Strengthen Communication and Day-to-Day Effectiveness
- Increase “Bench Strength” in the retail banking offices
- Determine Critical Branch “Best Practices”
February 23 - Session I: New Year - New Start: Key Components for a Successful Year
This session focuses on exploring the key components of a successful retail bank branch. Participants will leave with valuable tools and a “game plan” for 2021.
- Pre-Assignment: Where Am I Today? Self-Assessment of Current Skills and Talents
- The Leadership Challenge for Today's Branch Leadership Team
- Communication Tools for Today’s Branch Leadership Team
- Understanding and Leading Today’s Team of Different Generations
- Implementing the 3 C’s to Excellence – plus one more
- Defining the Performance Leadership Process for 2021
- Building the Branch Business Plan - Overview
- Retail Banking “Best Practices” and Action Planning
May 11 - Session II: Leading, Developing, and Engaging the Team
This session focuses on building the branch team. Managers learn proven ways to get team members engaged and challenged to exceptional performance. An “engaged employee” is one who is fully involved in, and enthusiastic about, their work, and therefore will act in a way that furthers their’ bank’s interests.
- Building the Branch Business Plan
- Creating Employee Engagement
- Getting the Right Person in the Right Seat - Recruiting a Winning Team
- Celebrating Performance: Reward & Recognition
- Meetings – New Alternatives to Meetings
- Finding more Time – Time Leadership Skills
- Key Needs and Motivation of Today's Workforce
- Best Practices and Action Planning
September 28 - Session III: Growing the Retail Branch
This session focuses on the Branch Manager’s role as sales and service leader. Managers learn to plan, motivate, and challenge the team to consistently provide exceptional service and meet the branch’s goals.
- The Retail Branch Performance Chart
- Finding How Today’s Customer Experience is Changing
- Maximizing Your Bank’s Competitive Edge
- Growing the Retail Branch from Within
- Security and Safety in Retail Banking
- Making Referral Recommendations
- Networking Do’s and Don’ts
- Retail Banking “Best Practices" and Action Planning
October 27 - Session IV: Raising the Bar for Sustainable Growth
This final session focuses on maintaining superior performance. Managers learn new methods for communicating and raising the bar through the performance leadership process, team building, and leadership abilities. We explore how to keep a team motivated and focused on achieving organizational goals.
- Pre-Assignment: Review of the Self-Assessment
- Creating a Pathway for Sustainable Growth
- Conducting Performance Reviews - The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly
- Communicating Upwards
- Problem Solving and Change Leadership
- Dealing with Personalities, Conflicts, and Challenges
- Getting the Best from Team - Accountability Skills
- Expanding the Leadership Challenge
- "And the Places We Will Go”
- Retail Banking “Best Practices"
As a consultant with PSI, Denise Wilson brings over 25 years of experience in the field of workplace learning and performance and is a designated CPLP – Certified Professional in Learning and Performance. For the past 21 years Denise has led corporate training for a regional bank with over 800 employees. She is known for her ability to connect with learners, create an energetic, fun and slightly unconventional learning environment - all while delivering tangible outcomes.
Per Person Fee
M $899 / NM $1499