2020 may be behind us, but the year’s historic economic shocks and financial market volatility will leave a lasting impact on our business markets and balance sheets. As we strategize for the future, the importance of a dynamic and scenario-driven ALCO decision-making process is abundantly clear—especially given it may be harder than ever to predict the path ahead, and thus your bank’s performance.
This webinar series will give you a good understanding of managing a bank's investments and portfolio to ensure that your balance sheet remains in a good position while staying in line with your bank strategy.
June 17, 2021 - Part 1: An Introduction to Bank Portfolio Management and Investments
This webinar is designed to provide an introduction to the investment portfolio of a community bank. During this educational session, participants will gain insight into:
• Traditional bank investments, including key characteristics and a discussion on how to compare similar securities
• Creating a portfolio of bonds that will complement the bank's balance sheet and interest rate risk position
• The use of portfolio analytics to understand the existing portfolio of bonds, including cashflow profile, price risk, and overall sector mix.
• We will also save time for group interaction, bring your questions!
October 14, 2021 - Part 2: Bank Strategy
• During the second session of this webinar series, we will dive into bank strategies, where you will be shown how to manage your interest rate risk and maintain margins, all in an effort to grow your bank’s balance sheet.
• To ensure that the content of the second part of the webinar series is timely, the session description will be updated closer to the day of the presentation. Be on the lookout for more detailed information to become available closer to the date of the second part of this webinar series.
CEOs, CFOs, Financial Managers, and anyone who is responsible for maintaining the bank’s investment portfolio or managing interest rate risk
Marc Gall currently serves as a Vice President of BOK Financial Institutions Group. His primary responsibilities include managing the asset/liability modeling and consulting practice, developing balance sheet strategies for community banks, facilitating ALCO meetings and investment portfolio management. Prior to joining BOK, he worked at Nexity Bank, M&I Bank and Strong Capital Management. Mr. Gall is a graduate of the University of Wisconsin, La Crosse, where he earned a bachelor’s degree in Finance and Economics. He also earned his M.B.A. from Marquette University and completed the Graduate School of Banking at UW-Madison in 2015.
Fee Per Person