Today’s lending function must be “more than just the deal” instead focusing on gaining fullybanked customers. The Consumer Lending Fundamentals Bootcamp is a two-day, intensive “real world” program focusing on the tools, skills, strategies and processes needed for today’s consumer lending team, filled with case studies, pre-and post-testing, and skills practices.
- Overview of Consumer Lending
- Basics of Credit Products
- Product Knowledge
- Lending Regulatory Compliance
- Understanding the Loan Process
- Conducting the Loan Interview
- Overview of Credit Report
- Credit Analysis – 5 C’s and More
- Calculating Debt-to Income and Loan to Value Ratios
- Loan Documentation Overview
- Servicing and Monitoring the Consumer Loan
- Gain in-depth knowledge of the Consumer Loan Products and Guidelines and how they may vary from each banking institution;
- Utilize real life scenarios to calculate Debt to Income and Loan to Value Ratios;
- Learn how to structure the loan to meet the customer’s lending needs;
- Recognize ways to mitigate risks associated with different types of consumer loans;
- Relate the benefits of consumer credit and the effects of its abuse on the borrower, the community and the bank;
- Experience the “hands on” process in a learning environment; and
- Network with peers for shared experience.
As a result of this program, attendees will focus on how to:
- Identify, define, and relate to key consumer credit terms.
- Discuss the factors involved in structuring a loan.
- Comply with federal and state regulations that affect the consumer loan sales and application process.
- Conduct a loan interview within compliance guidelines.
- Explain the functions of the various departments that support the consumer loan process.
If available and appropriate, attendees should bring their financial institution’s consumer lending products and services, paper consumer loan application, consumer lending flow chart, and underwriting guidelines. This information will make the training experience more “real world” and more transferable to the attendee’s financial institution.
This program is designed for any banker with limited experience in consumer lending including, but not limited to relationship and consumer loan officers, branch management, universal bankers, management interns, collection officers and more.
Lisa Berry is a Senior Banking Consultant and Principal with Warren Averett, one of the largest CPA firms in the southeast, with more than 36 years of experience in the financial services industry. As a consultant for PSI and Warren Averett, Lisa conducts and facilitates training from the frontline to the board room. Her previous banking experience includes consumer, commercial and real estate lending, correspondent bank lending, and branch management.
Per Person Fee
M $489 / NM $829