Competition for commercial loans is challenging. Bankers with access to the right tools are more likely to win the right deals. Borrower swaps, sometimes called back-to-back swaps, are one the best tools available. In this presentation, bankers will see how these swaps offer greater flexibility and prepayment characteristics than traditional fixed rate loans. Swaps are no longer just for big banks – increasingly community and regional banks are making use of swaps as well. Join us for this informative webinar and discover why banks use swaps and how they can be used to enhance your bank's ability to compete for loans.
• Understand why banks use swaps with borrowers to achieve fixed rate financings
• Review the common back-to-back swap structure and current pricing alternatives
• Learn about the benefits as well as considerations of using back-to-back swaps
• Identify what types of loan opportunities are a good fit for swaps
• Discuss how swap exposure is calculated, monitored and mitigated
• Walk through the industry-standard documentation including ISDA agreement
CEO, CFO, Treasury, Lending, Credit, Operations
Dave Sweeney is a Managing Director in Chatham’s Financial Institutions team and leads our business development efforts in the Midwest where he advises financial institutions on hedging strategies. He also runs our investment and treasury advisors team. Prior to joining Chatham, Dave spent 14 years with Ernst & Young as a Principal in the Financial Institutions practice and also served as Treasurer and Chief Investment Officer for two community banks. He has experience marketing and selling interest rate derivative products to commercial bank loan customers.
Fee Per Person